That’s why we wanted to remind you of a couple of important features we offer to help keep your money safe and secure.
CardValet is a simple to use mobile app that lets you control your debit card usage and spending from anywhere. Transaction controls allow you to limit geographic areas and real-time alerts keep you informed when your card is used or declined. One of the best safeguard features is your ability to simply turn off your debit card when you’re not using it. That’s real peace of mind. You can also use CardValet to help manage your budget. Find out how and more by visiting here.
SecureAlerts offer people and businesses real time alerts that you choose to fit your lifestyle and business. Want to know when your balance is running low? Use our convenient SecureAlerts. Set your personal level of security to track password changes, transfers and deposits and we’ll deliver alerts to your choice of online account, email or text. SecureAlerts are one more step we’re taking to make your money safe and secure. Watch videos on SecureAlerts and other videos about your money at our online education center here.
Official report an uptick in fraudulent scams.
Here’s just a few things to keep in mind that you can do to help protect yourself against scams:
- Don’t put your SSN or driver’s license number on your checks.
- Ask why companies need your personal information before you readily give it out.
- Check your credit report free at the nationwide credit reporting agencies once a year: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. You may want to stretch out your requests every few months to keep up on your latest information over the course of a year.
- Never give out your account number or PIN on the phone or online if someone asks. Remember no member of our team will ever ask for this information. No one else needs it either.
- Let us know at once if you think you have been a victim of fraud. We want to know and can help.
- Sign up for both CardValet and SecureAlerts today!
A word on the PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) loans in our area.
You may have read many headlines about this program around the country. Over a million companies were able to take part in this program nationwide. At Greenwoods State Bank we called upon our team of experienced lenders from every location to help our business partners work through this brand new program designed to help businesses bridge the gap as a result of Covid-19. We were able to process and administer more SBA loans in two weeks than we typically do in a year.
Due to the enormous efforts of local businesses and our team here at Greenwoods State Bank, our community has benefited from the local Paycheck Protection Program. Because of this partnership, businesses remain open, teams are working, and our communities will be able to come out of this time with a brighter future ahead. We are proud of our team, our businesses and our communities who continue to rise above this virus and put people first. Contact us if you are interested in a PPP loan.